Les Nubians are back! I was introduced to them over a decade ago by my super-hip French teacher in high school, and I’ve been a fan ever since. Their first album, Princesses Nubiennes has been on heavy rotation in my life for years, and it’s one of my favorite albums of all time. The jazzy, soulful, funky sisters are back with a new album, Nü Revolution, due April 19th. As a treat for their fans, they are offering a free download of their song, “Liberté.” Check out a video of the ladies singing it live, then watch another video of “Embrasse-Moi,” a tune that will force your hips to gyrate whether you want them to or not, and then head on over to their site to get your free download. C’est magnifique!
30 Minutes in the Garden afro afrocentric afrosensual Afrosensual Aesthetic Apache Cafe art art photography beauty black and white black love commentary culture dark skin earthSista earthSistas earthSistas in the Garden fashion glamour Goat Farm Lakeside lesbian locs Lookbook music Nambi natural beauty natural hair nature Nature Stroll Series nude Ororo PG30 pgtv photography PrincessYEME Raine Sekhmet SistaLove smoke society urban urbanista WildOrchid YEME
- WGO? Dr. Umar Johnson’s full interview on SOS (Share Our Stories)
- a KinkySmoke interlude with PrinCessYEME and Tocara
- Fashion fierce! Grace Bol in Harper’s Bazaar
- pgp424: Devine reflections of the Pint Size Nurse
- pgp423: UdoU- Kwentonza’s moments of intimate self expression
- Interlude – Calah in a comfortable space