Fashion is at the root of the culture that cultivates an Afrosensual Aesthetic. And few things exemplify that statement more the Helen Jennings book, ‘New African Fashion,’ which featured Congolese model Sycha Mubiaya on its cover. From Africa-inspired to African-made, this book acted as a guide to a new wave of fashion designers who are emerging on the global stage. Helen Jennings, editor of award-winning ARISE magazine, offers in this book a brief history of African fashion, beauty and style, follows its influence on modern designers, and spotlights the best designers, photographers, and models from across the continent and the African diaspora.
30 Minutes in the Garden afro afrocentric afrosensual Afrosensual Aesthetic Apache Cafe art art photography beauty black and white black love Chadoe commentary culture dark skin earthSista earthSistas earthSistas in the Garden events fashion glamour Goat Farm Lakeside locs Lookbook music Nambi natural beauty natural hair nature Nature Stroll Series nude Ororo PG30 pgtv photography PrincessYEME Raine Sekhmet smoke society urban urbanista WildOrchid YEME
- WGO? ‘Black’ or ‘African American?’
- Lyric’s fire… a Garden interlude
- Pangea’s Lookbook: Sun Goddess Jewelry’s stylings on earthSista AsmaraMaat
- Smoke… moments in the Garden honoring National 420 Day…
- PGTV: Trevor Noah keeps dropping knowledge in between scenes
- WGO? The death and life of Nipsey Hussle