Fashion is at the root of the culture that cultivates an Afrosensual Aesthetic. And few things exemplify that statement more the Helen Jennings book, ‘New African Fashion,’ which featured Congolese model Sycha Mubiaya on its cover. From Africa-inspired to African-made, this book acted as a guide to a new wave of fashion designers who are emerging on the global stage. Helen Jennings, editor of award-winning ARISE magazine, offers in this book a brief history of African fashion, beauty and style, follows its influence on modern designers, and spotlights the best designers, photographers, and models from across the continent and the African diaspora.
30 Minutes in the Garden afro afrocentric afrosensual Afrosensual Aesthetic Apache Cafe art art photography beauty black and white black love commentary culture dark skin earthSista earthSistas earthSistas in the Garden fashion glamour Goat Farm Lakeside lesbian locs Lookbook music Nambi natural beauty natural hair nature Nature Stroll Series nude Ororo PG30 pgtv photography PrincessYEME Raine Sekhmet SistaLove smoke society urban urbanista WildOrchid YEME
- WGO? Dr. Umar Johnson’s full interview on SOS (Share Our Stories)
- a KinkySmoke interlude with PrinCessYEME and Tocara
- Fashion fierce! Grace Bol in Harper’s Bazaar
- pgp424: Devine reflections of the Pint Size Nurse
- pgp423: UdoU- Kwentonza’s moments of intimate self expression
- Interlude – Calah in a comfortable space